CR based alloying briquetted tablets
Appearance: cylindrical shape of 90 mm dia and up to 50 mm high. Weight of a tablet – 1,25 kg net (+/- 6g). Cr based briquetted tablets are made of pressed mixture of Chrome powder of fine fraction (Cr), Aluminum powder (Al) and/or Flux powder (F).
Used as: addition alloy for production of wide range of alloys (primarily Aluminum alloys), where it is required to maintain a set chrome content.
- Advantages of using powder alloying tablet as an addition alloy are:
- Fast dilution of tablets at normal operating temperatures of a foundry;
- High percent of the element recovery;
- Precise weight, lack of dust, waste and errors in the alloy composition;
- Fast and uniform solvability of self-immerging tablets provides for lower energy costs, reduction of refractories wear and higher efficiency;
- Use of alloying briquetted tablets allows to reduce working areas, to cut warehouse, transport and accountancy costs in comparison with other addition alloys;
- Cost of the main component in the alloying briquetted tablets is generally less in comparison with addition alloys with low concentration;
- Addition of alloying briquetted tablets into the solution of liquid alloy does not cause temperature decrease of the latter;
- convenient shape and packing provides for precise dosing of addition alloy.
Packing: briquetted tablets are wrapped with silvery aluminum foil with 3 pieces in each package (column) and packed in carton boxes of 22,5 kg net.